Fifteen institutes, coming from four countries active in fields of green sector, specialized in geothermal and solar installations, had their first meeting in Technical Educational Institute of Crete premises. All partners are active in fields of continuous VET for plumbers and electricians, for geothermal and solar installations and have strong regional and European cooperation networking activity. They have already successfully developed various projects together, always with the aim of upgrading the skills of young people or adults in order to enhance their employability.
The GSSVET project is implemented under the “Cooperation for Innovation and the Exchange of Good Practices – Sector Skill Alliances” for designing and delivering of VET. It has a three-year duration and is financed by the European Commission.
The final outputs include:
- Designing 2 EU core curricula (EQF level 4-5) for geothermal and for solar energy system installers, divided in sets of learning outcomes i.e. two corresponding VET programs, including innovative teaching methods and work-based learning. The learning outcomes and the professionals’ competencies will be evaluated based on ECVET recommendations and on ISO/IEC 17024 standard requirements, accordingly,
- Implementing, delivering and evaluating the above-described training.
- Certification of the professionals who will achieve positive results during the assessment of their competencies.
- Technological Educational Institute of Crete – Department of Department of Environmental and Natural Resources Engineering (GR)
- ECTE – European Center in Training for Employment (GR)
- Chania Chamber of Commerce and Industry (GR)
- HELAPCO – HELLENIC ASSOCIATION OF PHOTOVOLTAIC COMPANIES (GR)
- TUV Austria Hellas (GR)
- SQLearn (GR)
- European Labor Institute (BU)
- Chamber of Installation Specialists in Bulgaria (BU)
- Sofia Energy Centre (BU)
- Technical University of Sofia (BU)
- ALECOP (SP)
- INSTAGI- Asociación empresarial de Instaladores y Mantenedores de Gipuzkoa (SP)
- International Geothermal Association (EU – DE)
- German Geothermal Association (DE)
- Bochum University of Applied Science (DE)