The BRC GLOBAL STANDARD FOR FOOD SAFETΥ is a Private Standard for certification of food safety and quality, and it is managed by the British Retail Consortium (BRC).
The Standard sets the requirements for production, processing and packaging of own-brand or customer-branded food, raw materials or food ingredients, primary production products such as fruit and vegetables, and pet food.
BRC is recognized by the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI).
BRC Food is an internationally recognized food quality and safety Standard that includes rules on:
- Commitment of Senior Management
- HACCP plan/Food Safety Plan
- Quality Management System
- Prerequisite programmes/Systems for auditing environmental and operational conditions, Good Manufacturing Practices and Good Hygiene Practices
- Personnel training and awareness of people
- High-risk, High-care and Ambient High-care production risk zones
- Requirements for traded products
What is the certification procedure?
What is the application field of the standard?
The Standard sets out the requirements for the manufacture, processing and packing of:
- processed foods, both own brand and customer-branded
- raw materials or ingredients for use by food service companies, catering companies and/or food manufacturers
- primary products such as fruit and vegetables
- pet foods for domestic animals.
What are the benefits of certification?
Certification to the BRC Food Standard lends added value to an organization, as it:
- is a guarantee for clients, consumers and other interested parties of the Organization’s ability to consistently provide safe food.
- is a guarantee for the client that the product provided satisfies the mutually agreed requirements as well as the applicable legal and regulatory provisions on food safety.
- is internationally recognized, creates a competitive advantage, and attracts new customers and investors in international markets.
- creates a competitive advantage for concluding new collaboration agreements with large retail chains (supermarkets).
- enables certificated companies to appear in the publicly available part of the BRC Global Standards Directory, allowing recognition of their achievements and use of a logo for marketing purposes
- It is GFSI benchmarked scheme
Who do I contact for certification?
Customer Service Department Contact Person: Anna Topaltziki, Tel: 210 5220920, Ext: 187