The BRC/IOP Global Standard for Packaging and Packaging Materials is a private standard of certification of the safety and quality of packaging materials, and it is managed by the British Retail Consortium (BRC).
BRC/IOP was initially created as a standard related to packaging and packaging materials suppliers in the food industry. Today, it is an international standard recognised by major retailers, manufacturers and packaging companies around the world. It also applies to manufacturers of packaging for consumer products.
The main goal of the standard is to assist packaging materials manufacturers adopt good manufacturing practices and implement a quality management system which will ensure the quality of the packaging materials, in accordance with their clients’ requirements.
What Is the Certification Procedure?
Through agreements concluded with accredited Certification Bodies of international standing, T Ü V AUSTRIA HELLAS provides inspection and certification services that lead to the issuance of a certificate in accordance with BRC/IOP.
Who Is it Addressed To?
Certification in accordance with the BRC/IOP Standard is intended for all companies manufacturing packaging materials for food and consumer goods.
What Are the Certification Benefits?
Implementation and certification in accordance with the BRC/IOP Standard can add value to an organisation through:
- Enhancing client/consumer confidence regarding the suitability of the packaging manufactured;
- Bolstering client confidence that the product provided satisfies the mutually agreed requirements as well as the applicable legal and regulatory requirements;
- Improving the company’s reputation as a manufacturer of high-quality and safe packaging materials;
- International recognition, creation of a competitive advantage and attracting new clients in international markets;
- Reducing client inspections.
Who Do I Contact for the Certification?
Customer Service Department Contact Person: Ms. Anna Topaltziki, tel. no.: +30 210 5220920, ext: 187