ELOT 1435 – Communication Providers
ELOT 1435 standard for communication services is a national standard that stipulates the managerial efficiency requirements that must be met by companies providing communication services in order to demonstrate their ability to provide their customers reliable services.
The development of ELOT 1435 standard arose from the need to define the terms and conditions for awarding contracts for communication services, including advertising services, to private or public advertising companies.
ELOT 1435 can be applied by all communication services providers, regardless of a company’s size or the kind of communication services it provides. Nevertheless, it is a key indicator for the major advertising companies in Greece (along with their ISO 9001 certification).
Law 3688/2006 (Government Gazette A 163/05-08-2008) establishes the mandatory certification according to ELOT 1435 for all companies providing communication services to Public organizations and the wider public sector but the standard does not cease to be a requirement for major private projects as well.
What Is the Certification Procedure?
Who Is it Addressed To?
Certification is addressed to all businesses, regardless of their size or the sector in which they operate.
What Are the Certification Benefits?
ELOT 1435 implementation and certification adds value to an organization through:
- Conformity with Law 3688/2008 (Government Gazette 163/Α/2008), which requires Certification as a prerequisite for a Communication Service Provider to participate in Public Tenders.
- Improvement of organization, which can lead to increased productivity.
- Systematic control of processes/activities, which corrects errors through continuous improvement of the company’s performance.
- Clear definition of staff duties and responsibilities, which helps to increase productivity.
- Increasing Customer Confidence and Market Confidence in general in a company’s ability to consistently provide communication services, given that the audit and the subsequent certification are performed by an Independent Certification Organization.
- Bolstering client confidence that the product and/or service provided by the company satisfies the mutually agreed requirements as well as the applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
- The importance of a marketing tool, given both the financial crisis and the defamation, on Greek companies have suffered in recent years.
- Promotion of the good operation and value of a company, while meeting potential future requirements of major private projects.
Who Do I Contact for the Certification?
Customer Service Department Contact Person: Ms. Anna Topaltziki, Tel: +30 210 5220920, Ext: 187