EN ISO 39001 specifies the requirements for a road traffic safety (RTS) management system, in order to reduce/eliminate road accidents. Application of EN ISO 39001 is for organizations that interact with the road traffic system (manage fleets of vehicles for their daily operations, operators of road networks etc)
The aim of EN ISO 39001 is the development and implementation of processes that help an organization control all of its activities that impact or are impacted by road safety (transport of personnel, products, etc.).
Application of the standard does not exempt organizations from the obligation to comply with the Traffic Rules and the relevant legislation but supports and encourages compliance.
The standard’s fundamental principles are:
- Customer Focus
- Engagement of top management
- Active participation of personnel
- Commitment to continuous improvement and compliance with the applicable regulations and legislation
- Management of relationships with interested parties
Following the ANNEX SL structure, ISO 39001 can be combined during application or certification with other standards that follow the same structure, such as ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001, ISO 2200, ISO 27001.
What is the certification procedure?
Certification is addressed to all organizations, regardless of their size or the sector in which they operate.
What are the benefits of certification?
Application and certification of the Road Traffic Safety Management System contributes to
- recognition, assessment and management of all potential risks associated with use of the road network, in the application of programmes and measures for reducing risk.
- better internal communication of the organization and more effective internal control of its operations
- improved performance and reduced costs
- overall reduction in road accidents associated with the operations of the organization.
- systematic monitoring and implementation of the legislation on Road Traffic Safety Management
- reduced costs from accidents (e.g. compensation, hospital care).
- Customer satisfaction
Who do I contact for certification?
Customer Service Department Contact Person: Ms. Anna Topaltziki, Tel: 210 5220920, Ext: 187