Global Wind Organisation (GWO) Training Standards
GWO was founded in 2009 and is a non-profit organisation whose members are owners and manufacturers of Wind Turbines.
The Organisation’s main purpose is to support a safe, injury-free work environment for anyone working in the Wind Turbine industry through cooperation between its members on determining common best practices for Health and Safety training.
To achieve this end, the Global Wind Organisation has developed criteria for organizations that want to provide training, in accordance with GWO criteria and training standards in individual training modules.
Organizations that want to by certified to provide training in accordance with GWO approval criteria must show their compliance with the following four (4) pillars:
(1) Management system and support procedures
(2) Physical resources
(3) Staff resources
(4) Training and Assessment
Each pillar is of vital importance for a training operation’s compliance with GMO criteria. The pillars must be treated equally, as they are the cornerstone for providing training that supports a high level of safety in the Wind Turbine industry.
The certification procedure differs from a simple audit of management systems, because special emphasis is put on training-result assessment models.
The other parts of the GWO management system standard have quite a lot in common with ISO 9001, include elements of OHSAS 18001/ISO 45001, and can be combined with these during development, application and certification.
What Is the Certification Procedure?
Who Is it Addressed To?
This certification is addressed to training organizations and operations active in the Wind Turbine industry (operators, manufacturers, maintenance providers) who want to provide their personnel and third parties with training in compliance with the GWO approval criteria.
What Are the Certification Benefits?
The goal of the certification procedure is to confirm that the training body can consistently deliver training that meets the goals set out in detail in the GMO training standards (Training Modules) and that the training procedure is supported by a management system and physical resources.
Application and certification in accordance with GMO training standards adds value to an organization through:
- ensuring compliance with the GMO standards, which is a recognized training “passport”
- Creating confidence in employers that the training provided to their employees meets specific criteria and provides training results that are supported by a management system and resources
- Assistance with sustaining a safe work environment with reduced work-related injuries.
- Systematization of better organization and specialized training programmes, in accordance with specific criteria
- Creation of a comparative advantage for attracting new clients and investors in international markets.
Who Do I Contact for the Certification?
Customer Service Department Contact Person: Ms. Anna Topaltziki, Tel: +30 210 5220920, Ext: 187