GLOBALG.A.P.Integrated Farm Assurance (IFA) – Aquaculture
GLOBALG.A.P.Integrated Farm Assurance (IFA) – Aquaculture is a globally recognized standard for certification of the whole aquaculture chain.It sets best aquaculture practices in the cultivation of farmed fish.
The GLOBALG.A.P. aquaculture standard sets strict criteria for:
Workers’ occupational health & safety
GLOBALG.A.P.Risk Assessment on Social Practice (GRASP)
Environmental and ecological care
What is the certification procedure?
You can download the certification regulation here.The regulation contains information on the audit procedure, issuing and renewal of the certification.
Who is it for?
GLOBALG.A.P. Aquaculture is for all aquaculture businesses, and especially for those that supply products to retailers. The standard is required for companies targeting mainly the European market.
What are the benefits of certification?
The demand for quality and safety of food from all interested parties (consumers, producers, retailers, authorities) is increasing constantly.GLOBALG.A.P. Aquaculture certification provides the necessary data and documentation for the company, providing proof of the following holistic approach:
Animal Welfare – Workers’ occupational health & safety – Food safety – Environment & Biodiversity – Traceability
- communication of the management’s targets and objectives to every level of the organization, and a common perception of the business’s operational procedures
- ongoing and systematic updating and adaptation to regulatory and legal requirements
- good resource management
- immediate response to market needs and flexibility in adapting the business through the “risk analysis” process
- incorporation of aquaculture best practices in farming
- demonstrating documented ability to produce quality and safe products
- strengthening of the organization’s marketing strategy and commercial targets
- use of the recognized GLOBALG.A.P. logo in company correspondence, showing compliance with an internationally recognized standard
Who do I contact for certification?
Customer Service Department Contact Person:Ms.Anna Topaltziki, Tel:Tel:2105220920, Ext:187