GLOBALG.A.P. RISK ASSESSMENT ON SOCIAL PRACTICE (GRASP)
GLOBALG.A.P. RISK ASSESSMENT ON SOCIAL PRACTICE (GRASP) is a voluntary, additional module that was developed to assess social practices on the farm, addressing specific aspects of workers’ health, safety and welfare.
GRASP is designed to complement GLOBALG.A.P. IFA. GRASP measures can be assessed together with the GLOBALG.A.P. IFA audit. The assessment results are then uploaded to the GLOBALG.A.P. database, showing your level of compliance, and are then visible to industry supply chain partners and buyers who have been granted access.
What Is the certification procedure?
You can download the certification regulation here. The regulation includes information on the audit process. The GRASP assessment is valid for one year and assessments are conducted annually.
Who is it for?
The GRASP assessment is mandatory for aquaculture units that want to receive GLOBALG.A.P. certification and can be applied by farms with GLOBALG.A.P. certification.
What are the benefits of certification?
The GRASP assessment:
- contributes to the creation of an improved human resource management scheme on the farm
- provides buyers with additional assurance
- contributes significantly to protecting one of the farm’s most important resources: its people.
- strengthens workers’ rights and their sense of responsibility to the business.
- creates a positive work environment, establishing clear terms and duties.
- reduces the cost of injuries and accidents, as it supports clear communication and training.
- highlights the farm’s commitment to social responsibility.
Who do I contact for certification?
Customer Service Department Contact Person: Ms. Anna Topaltziki, Tel: 210 5220920, Ext: 187