Hotels & Campings Star Rating
The tourist accommodation (hotels and camping sites) star rating is a quality classification system for hospitality facilities, depending on their services and technical specifications. Pursuant to the legislation in force, every such facility must be classified into one of the star categories, provided it meets the specifications and collects the necessary points required for each category, based on optional rated criteria.
The legislative framework for tourist accommodation (hotels and camping sites) star rating requires that a specific procedure is followed, which includes specifications, precise steps and deadlines.
The competent authority for issuing hotel rating certificates is the Hellenic Chamber of Hotels, through accredited Ιnspection Βodies, which undertake the inspection and assessment procedures for rating hotels in star categories. Just like TÜV AUSTRIA HELLAS, after conducting on-site inspections at the tourist facilities, these Bodies prepare a Technical Report, which is submitted to the Hellenic Chamber of Hotels.
Through this Report, the Body documents its recommendation to the Hellenic Chamber of Hotels, which issues a hotel Classification Certificate based on the Subscription Confirmation Certificate.
The hotels and camping sites star rating system includes technical and operational specifications, as well as rated criteria with regard to facilities, equipment/infrastructure, amenities and benefits (in kind or through services).
The hotels and campings are classified into one of five star categories, with the highest rating being 5 stars and the lowest 1 star.
What Is the Certification Procedure?
Provided the business has a Special Operational Seal, follow the steps below
Who Is it Addressed To?
The star rating procedure is addressed to all hotels and campings, either newly established or existing ones that wish to renew, amend or upgrade their current Special Operational Seal.
What Are the Certification Benefits?
- serves as proof of the quality of the products and services offered.
- boosts the travellers’ sense of trust in terms of the facility meeting the agreed requirements, pursuant to the legislation in force.
- assists in attracting new customers and forging new partnerships.
- is a valuable weapon in the efforts to improve the business climate and create equal competition conditions with the rest of the European countries, which have been applying relevant procedures and frameworks for years now and have gained a considerable competitive edge in the eyes of travellers.
- can become a tool for improving and upgrading services, since it gives Greek tourism industry entrepreneurs the ability to better organise, renew, modernise and upgrade their services. In essence, this translates into quality upgrade, greater safety, quality infrastructure, less bureaucracy and greater transparency, and provides all the prerequisites for viable and sustainable development.
Choosing TÜV AUSTRIA HELLAS for the rating of tourist accommodation facilities, in line with the legislative provisions in force:
- Rates a business in star categories backed by the accountability, impartiality and prestige of our company.
- Provides added value to a tourism business through the credibility and strength that is reflected by our brand name.
- Offers the chance of using an Evaluation Seal that sets the evaluation process apart on account of its prestige and quality.
- Offers integrated one-stop shop solutions to tourism businesses, as it provides accredited inspection, certification and training services to fully meet their needs and safeguard their activities.
Who Do I Contact for the Certification?
Head of Tourism Business Certification Department: Theano Baka, Tel: +30 210 5220920, Ext: 164
Customer Service Department Contact Person: Anna Topaltziki, Tel: +30 210 5220920, Ext: 187