IFS BROKER is a private certification Standard applicable to food brokers, agents and importers. It was created to guarantee the safety and quality of the product and to cover the gap between production and distribution.
The Standard is managed by IFS Management GmbH and has been developed by the German Retail Federation (Handelverband Deutschland – HDE) and the French Retail Federation (FCD), with the participation of the Italian federations (CONAD, COOP).
IFS Broker is an internationally recognized standard applicable to brokers, agents and importers of products. It is applicable to food, household goods, personal care products, packaging materials.
It is implemented by companies that are not in physical possession of the product (e.g., they do not have warehouses or trucks), but provide brokerage services from the office.
The fundamental goals of IFS Broker are:
- To implement the appropriate measures for the services provided by the involved parties in order to ensure that suppliers operate in accordance with the safety and quality requirements of the products and meet regulatory requirements and the contractual demands of clients.
- To establish a common standard with a uniform evaluation system
- To work with accredited Certification Bodies and approved IFS auditors
- To ensure comparability and transparency throughout the entire supply chain
- To reduce costs and time for both suppliers and retailers
What is the certification procedure?
The initial IFS Broker audit is carried out on a date and time agreed upon by the business and the certification body.
This standard is valid for a year. The date of the renewal audit is set one year from the initial audit date, and not from the date of certification.
IFS Broker certification is for all food and non-food brokers, agents and importers.
What are the benefits of certification?
Application and certification of the IFS Broker Standard can add value to an organization through:
- International recognition and creation of a competitive advantage for access to markets
- Improving your reputation as a broker or agent of high-quality and safe products
- Improved procedures and prevention and reduction of costs
- Effective use of resources
Who do I contact for certification?
Customer Service Department Contact Person: Ms. Anna Topaltziki, Tel: +30 210 5220920, Ext: 187