IFS LOGISTICS is a private certification Standard for application in companies active in the provision of product storage and transport services (logistics). It is valid for all types of transport (road, rail, ship or air) and for frozen/refrigerated products or ambient stable products.
The Standard is managed by IFS Management GmbH and has been developed by the German Retail Federation (Handelverband Deutschland – HDE) and the French Retail Federation (FCD), with the participation of the Italian federations (CONAD, COOP).
IFS Logistics is an internationally recognized standard for certifying companies whose activities are logistics oriented, for all types of activities, including transport, storage, distribution, loading/unloading, and can be implemented for food and non-food, packaged products or bulk shipments, solid, liquid or gas.
This standard also applies to companies providing (un-)freezing and simple fruit-ripening services, as well as to logistics companies using service providers for their transport and/or storage activities.
It applies to supply-chain management activities, where companies have physical contact with the products.
The fundamental goals of IFS Logistics and the other IFS standards are:
- To establish a common standard with uniform evaluation system
- To work with accredited Certification Bodies and approved IFS auditors
- To ensure comparability and transparency throughout the entire supply chain
- To reduce costs and time for both suppliers and retailers
What is the certification procedure?
The initial IFS Logistics audit is carried out on a date and time agreed upon by the business and the certification body. During the audit, all activities within the scope of the standard are audited.
This standard is valid for a year. The date of the renewal audit is set one year from the initial audit date, and not from the date of certification.
Who is it for?
IFS Logistics certification is for all companies providing logistics-oriented services (product transport and storage).
What are the benefits of certification?
Application and certification of the IFS Logistics Standard can add value to an organization through:
- International recognition and creation of a competitive advantage for access to markets
- Wider acceptance throughout the supply chain
- Stronger customer confidence that the service provided satisfies the mutually agreed requirements for ensuring the quality and safety of products during transport and storage
- Improved procedures and prevention and reduction of costs
Who do I contact for certification?
Customer Service Department Contact Person: Ms. Anna Topaltziki, Tel: +30 210 5220920, Ext: 187