IFS PACsecure is a private certification Standard for auditing primary and secondary packaging material manufacturers and converters.
It was developed by the Packaging Association of Canada (PAC) to enable packaging-material manufactures to certify the primary and secondary packaging of food, and is now managed by IFS Management GmbH and PAC.
IFS PACsecure is an internationally recognized standard applied by businesses that manufacture and process food and non-food packaging materials for products that come into direct contact with the skin (e.g. cosmetics), household products, consumer goods, etc.
The fundamental goals of IFS PACsecure are:
- To establish a common standard with a uniform evaluation system
- To work with accredited Certification Bodies and approved IFS auditors
- To ensure comparability and transparency throughout the entire supply chain
- To reduce costs and time for both suppliers and retailers
What is the certification procedure?
The initial IFS PACsecure audit is carried out on a date and time arranged by the business and the certification body.
This standard is valid for a year. The date of the renewal audit is set one year from the initial audit date, and not from the date of certification.
The IFS PACsecure standard is for all businesses that manufacture and process primary and secondary packaging materials.
What are the benefits of certification?
Application and certification of the IFS PACsecure Standard can add value to an organization through:
- International recognition and creation of a competitive advantage for access to markets
- Improving a company’s reputation as a manufacturer of high-quality and safe packaging materials
- Improved procedures for prevention and reduction of costs
- Effective use of resources
Who do I contact for certification?
Customer Service Department Contact Person: Ms. Anna Topaltziki, Tel: +30 210 5220920, Ext: 187