According to Ministerial Decision no. 3562/398/19-03-2013 (Government Gazette 765/Β/03-04-2013), initial and periodic inspections of escalators / moving walks are mandatory in Greece and are conducted exclusively by Accredited/Authorised Organizations.
In particular, the Ministerial Decision provides for the following:
- Initial inspection of all existing (in operation) escalators / moving walks (A1 type inspection).
- Initial inspection of new escalators / moving walks, prior to them being put into service (A type inspection)
- Annual periodic inspection of existing escalators / moving walks. (type B inspection)
The initial and periodic inspections of escalators / moving walks became mandatory for the following reasons:
- High standards for the safety of the users of escalators / moving walks. It is noted that this machinery is used in department stores, shopping malls, airports, train stations, metro stations, exhibit halls, conference centres, sports stadiums, and serves a wide range of people.
- International accident statistics for users of escalators / moving walks and installation/maintenance technicians.
- Greece’s alignment with the practices of other EU Member-States.
Contact us by phone at +30 210 5225888 or via e-mail at email@example.com and our expert personnel will be at your disposal to provide you with further information and cover your needs.