ISO 45001 standard specifies the requirements for the implementation of an Occupational Health and Safety Management System. It focuses on effective control of all occupational risks for all interested parties (employees, visitors, suppliers, local community etc), and on achieving improvements in overall Health and Safety performance in the workplace. ISO 45001 is designed to cover occupational health and safety, and not the safety of products or processes.
ISO 45001 will replace the existing OHSAS 18001 standard. A transitional period has been set, expiring on 12 March 2021. Within this transitional period, companies with OHSAS 18001 certification will have to revise their Management System and get ISO 45001 certification.
The standard’s fundamental principles are:
- Customer Focus
- Engagement of top management
- Active participation of personnel
- Commitment to continuous improvement and compliance with the applicable regulations and legislation
- Management of relationships with interested parties
Following the ANNEX SL structure, ISO 45001 can be combined during application or certification with other standards that follow the same structure, such as ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 22000, ISO 27001.
What is the certification procedure?
Certification is addressed to all the organizations, regardless of their size or the sector in which they operate.
What are the benefits of certification?
Application and certification of the Occupational Health & Safety System by a company contributes to:
- recognition, assessment and management of all potential risks through the implementation of programs for reducing risk (to acceptable levels) and minimizing risks in the workplace.
- reduction of the number of accidents that happen at a company
- continual improvement of performance on issues of occupational health and safety
- systematic monitoring and implementation of the legislation on occupational health and safety
- reduced costs from accidents (e.g. compensation, hospital care).
Who do I contact for certification?
Customer Service Department Contact Person: Ms. Anna Topaltziki, Tel: 210 5220920, Ext: 187