Certification of organic products is carried out in accordance with Community law (834/07, 889/08) and national legislation (Ministerial Decision 2543/103240/09.10.2017). It concerns natural and legal persons active in the production of organic products of plant or animal origin, the production, packaging and trading of feed, the production, packaging, storage of processed products, and, finally, the importing and trading of organic products from third countries.
Organic farming is aimed at producing high-quality nutritional products without the use of agrochemicals, with the greatest possible participation of man and nature itself in the production process.
- Use of living organisms and mechanical production methods
- It concerns plant cultivation, animal farming
- No use of Genetically Modified Organisms
- Assessment of risks and use of preventive and protective measures
- Limited use of external materials, and where this is necessary the materials should be organic, natural substances or substances produced in a natural way, low-solubility organic fertilizers
- No use of synthetic chemical compounds
- Improvement of soil fertility
- Preservation of biodiversity
- Minimal use of non-renewable resources
- Maintenance of animal health and implementation of livestock farming practices that strengthen the immune system
- Preservation of the biodiversity of aquatic ecosystems
What is the certification procedure?
Regulation on Use of Certification
Natural and legal persons in the farming sector
What are the benefits of certification?
Certification of organic products in accordance with 834/07 and 889/08 with the added value imparted by the TUV AUSTRIA HELLAS logo:
- Is a passport for trade in organic products
- Is a hallmark of the credibility of organic products
- Enhances consumer confidence, as TÜV AUSTRIA HELLAS is one of the strongest certification organizations in Europe.
Who do I contact for certification?
Customer Service Department Contact Person: Ms. Lena Kondyli, tel: 210 5220920, ext.154