Tesco NURTURE Module
The ‘NURTURE Module’ is an add-on Module to the ‘GLOBALG.A.P. IFA version 5’ certification standard, for which TÜV AUSTRIA Hellas is a nominated Certification Body by Tesco plc. who owns this program.
The NURTURE Module certification scope, includes all the products that can be certified under the GLOBALG.A.P. Integrated Farm Assurance standard for Fruit and Vegetables, traded to Tesco stores in the UK.
The NURTURE Module focuses on Plant Protection Product List (PPPL) management and the transition to GLOBALG.A.P. does not affect how Producers manage their PPPLs
The initial assessment of the NURTURE Module shall be scheduled to ensure that the audit takes place during the harvesting or handling activity period of the ‘principle crop’* for the producer, so that all pesticide records, harvesting techniques, hygiene policies etc. can be checked.
*Principle crop is considered as the one from which the producer sells the highest volume to Tesco.
The NURTURE Certification cycle is 12 months, completely harmonized with the cycle of the GLOBALG.A.P. IFA Certificate.
What Is the certification procedure?
- ‘Primary Supplier’ sends the completed “Producer Confirmation Form” to TÜV AUSTRIA and the ‘Producer / Producer Group’
- TÜV AUSTRIA and the ‘Producer / Producer Group’ shall:
- The Producer / Producer Group submits the Tesco NURTURE Application Form to TÜV AUSTRIA
- TÜV AUSTRIA confirms the “Primary Supplier’s” approval through the GLOBALG.A.P. customer support
- TÜV AUSTRIA takes over to,
- Issue a quotation for the Producer / Producer Group of the Tesco approved Primary Supplier
- Upload the “Producer Confirmation Form” at the GLOBALG.A.P. Database after the Producer approves the quotation,
- Conduct the Tesco Nurture assessment
- Upload the “NURTURE Audit Checklist” at the GLOBALG.A.P. Database
- Issues an Online Certificate.
Who is it for?
Only ‘Producers’ cooperating with an approved Tesco ‘Primary Supplier’, whose production processes are certified or are in process for being certified against GLOBALG.A.P. Integrated Farm Assurance standard, can apply for a NURTURE Module assessment.
What are the benefits of certification?
- Trading opportunities for those (prospective producers or group of producers), directly linked with an approved “Primary Supplier” of TESCO
- Reduced audit duplication and increased flexibility when choosing to have producers / producer group sites assessed against A.P. IFA and TESCO NURTURE Programme.
Who do I contact for certification?
Customer Service Department Contact Person: Ms. Anna Topaltziki, Tel: 210 5220920, Ext: 187