The VLOG standard sets out the general requirements for certification of GMO-free products and for use of the “Ohne GenTechnik” (no genetic engineering) seal. It is a private certification standard managed by the non- profit organization VLOG, which is based in Germany.
Certification and use of the “Ohne GenTechnik” (no genetic engineering) seal can be applied by businesses if they produce nutritional products without using genetic engineering procedures or genetically modified organisms (GMOs).
The standard can be applied to products such as meat, milk, eggs, honey, cereals, fruit and vegetables, in primary production (e.g. dairy farms), to food production and processing, and to logistics services (e.g. transport of milk) and feed production.
A food product bearing the “Ohne Gentechnik” seal must meet the following criteria:
- It should contain no genetically modified organisms (GMOs) or parts thereof.
- It should contain no vitamins, aromas, enzymes and other food additives manufactured with the help of GMOs.
- It should contain no GMO material in animal feed, with strict time limits being observed if animals have at some point been reared on feed containing GMOs.
What is the certification procedure?
What is the application field of the standard?
This certification is for:
· Organizations that produce and process foods and food ingredients and want their products to bear the “Ohne GenTechnik” seal or the words “Ohne GenTechnik”.
· Organizations that produce or sell feed and want their products to bear the “VLOG geprüft” and “VLOG verified” stamp.
What are the benefits of certification?
Application and certification of the VLOG standard and use of the seal can add value to an organization through:
- increasing customer confidence that the product provided satisfies his preferences and the applicable laws and regulations on GMO-free foods
- giving consumers the option to make an informed choice
- creating the potential for concluding agreements with and promoting products in German supermarkets.
Who do I contact for certification?
Customer Service Department Contact Person: Ms. Anna Topaltziki, Tel: 210 5220920, Ext: 187