Water Sports Certified Quality
TÜV AUSTRIA HELLAS developed ‘Water Sports Certified Quality’ Certification Scheme in collaboration with the NGO ‘Safe Water Sports’, with the aim of improving and maintaining the quality and safety of water sports services at a high level in our seas. At the same time, through international promotion of the consistency and organization of certified Water Sports Centers, it contributes significantly to the development of the country’s tourism sector.
‘Water Sports Certified Quality’ is an innovative certification for sea water sports (motor-driven or non-motorized) on a European level, with direct benefits for young and old sportspeople and fans of water sports, and, as such, for all Water Sports Centers.
The objectives of the protocol are:
- Creation and implementation of a strong mechanism that concerns the operational procedures of Water Sports Centers, with a focus on quality service and the safety rules for users
- Enhancement and support of branding and the commercial value of every tourism business that provides Water-Sports related services, through the ‘Water Sports Certified Quality’ logo and certificate.
What is the certification procedure?
The ‘Water Sports Certified Quality’ certification procedure includes the following steps:
- Complete and submit the ‘Water Sports Certified Quality’ certification application to email@example.com
- Accept the financial terms and conditions for collaboration.
- Prepare the business to meet the “Water Sports Certified Quality” requirements.
- Schedule the on-site audit of the Water Sports Center in operation.
- Issue the Certificate following the successful completion of the on-site audit procedure.
- Award the ‘Water Sports Certified Quality’ flag to the certified Water Sports Center.
Who is it for?
The ‘Water Sports Certified Quality’ Private Certification Scheme addresses to all Water Sports Centers that have a valid operating license from the competent Port Authority.
What are the benefits of certification?
- Use of the Certification Logo to promote the quality that enhances provisions for the safety of the water sports.
- Sets certified businesses apart from competing water sports C
- Promotion of the business in the tourism sector (e.g. Hotels, Resorts, tour operators, travel agents)
- Commercial promotion of certified businesses through:
- Use of the ‘Safe Water Sports app’ on smart phones, which informs users of the closest certified Water Sports Centers.
- Flying the Flag with the ‘Water Sports Certified Quality’ logo (provided upon certification) at the business.
- Flexible and practical day-to-day operation for the provision of high-standard water sports services.
- Establishment of preventive measures for avoiding incidents during the provision of services.
- Mechanism for effectively handling emergency situations during the provision of services.
- Ongoing improvement of the quality and safety of the services provided by the business, with obvious benefits for users.
Who do I contact for certification?
Customer Service Department Contact Person: Ms. Anna Topaltziki, Tel: +30 210 5220920, Ext: 187