TÜV AUSTRIA Hellas
Your privacy is important to us.
For any issue relating to the processing of your Data, you may contact us at:
• email: firstname.lastname@example.org (addressed to the DPO)
• letter: 429 Mesogeion Avenue, PC. 153 43, Greece, (addressed to the DPO)
1. A few words about TÜV AUSTRIA Hellas.
TÜV AUSTRIA Hellas is an independent organization providing integrated control, training, inspection and certification services for safety, quality, environment and resource management. Its service portfolio focuses on serving the needs of customers to benefit the quality and competitiveness of products, services and their human resources. The clientele of the company includes companies from all sectors of the economy such as agri-food, tourism, industry, the sector of elevators and lifting equipment, energy, construction, etc. At the same time, it focuses on the educational part, through its educational center, which is recognized as a level II Lifelong Learning Center.
2. What is personal data?
Personal Data hereinafter referred to as “Personal Data” or “Data”, is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“data subject”) and may lead either directly or in combination with other data to the recognition/identification of the natural person. An identifiable natural person is one whose identity can be ascertained, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identity identifier, such as name, identity card number, location data, online identifier, or one or more factors that characterize the physical, physiological , genetic, psychological, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
Such data can be (indicatively): Name, Surname, Father’s Name, ID number, TIN (Taxpayer Identification Number), Tax Office, Social Security Number, Social Security Registration Number, postal address, e-mail address, mobile or landline number, training performance data, certification process results, bank account number, etc.
3. What is the Processing of Personal Data?
Any act or set of operations carried out with or without the use of automated means in Personal Data or in sets of Personal Data such as collection, registration, organization, structure, storage, adjustment or alteration, recovery, search for information, use, disclosure by the transfer of Data, dissemination or any other form of disposal, association or combination, limitation, erasure or destruction.
4. What Data do we collect?
At TÜV AUSTRIA Hellas we try to collect only the strictly necessary Data required for the intended purpose.
Specifically, we collect:
• Your contact details (phone, landline and mobile, email, contact address, P.C.)
• Tax identifiers (TIN, Social Insurance Institute number, Manpower Employment Organization card)
• Identity information (Name, Father’s name, Mother’s name, ID number, passport number)
• Financial information (bank account information, IBAN),
• Information related to the professional qualification (job, work experience, qualifications, professional certifications, curriculum vitae)
• Special categories of data (dietary preferences, gender, presumption of disability)
5. For what purpose do we process your data?
TÜV AUSTRIA Hellas collects your Data for the following processing purposes, either in the context of the Agreement between us or after your express and special consent, per provided service of the Company and for your general convenience. In particular, we use your Data for the purposes set out below:
In particular, we use your Data in order to:
• for the conclusion of a contract, at the request of the interested party within the provided Certification / Inspection / Control / Training services
• for the issuance of inspection, control, certification and training documents
• for compliance with the requirements of the rules of recognition, accreditation or inclusion in schemes by the relevant Recognition or Accreditation Bodies in Greece or abroad (as defined by the respective certification and / or training scheme) including sending data to Competent Authorities and / or other Control Bodies
• for the issuance of service documents for the services provided by TÜV AUSTRIA Hellas
• for information on services, events, products and news of TÜV AUSTRIA Hellas as well as other companies of TÜV AUSTRIA GROUP
• to meet our legislative, regulatory and fiscal obligations
• to submit a CV
6. What is the legal basis for the processing of your Data by TÜV AUSTRIA Hellas?
Your Data is collected in accordance with the legal bases provided by the GDPR (Articles 6 and 9):
• with your consent
• for the fulfillment of TÜV AUSTRIA Hellas legal obligations
• for TÜV AUSTRIA Hellas’s legitimate interests
• for the conclusion or performance of a contract
7. Who are the recipients of your Data?
The recipients of your Data are our agents and / or subcontractors, in order to support, promote and execute our business relationship. As a rule, TÜV AUSTRIA Hellas does not transmit your Data to third parties except when clearly required by the Legislation / Regulatory framework or when we act as “intermediaries”. The above transmission takes place to the extent required for the provision of our services. Such third parties may be official Supervisors / Government Bodies or/and the TÜV AUSTRIA Group, when we are required to comply with the legislation / regulations on Certification / Training Bodies or/and to prevent us and against our Customers illegal actions (eg fraud, insult, infringement of personality rights, etc.).
Also, access to your Data has the absolutely necessary staff of TÜV AUSTRIA Hellas, which is committed to maintaining confidentiality.
8. How do we ensure that our associates/ representatives/ subcontractors respect your Data?
Our associates/ representatives/ subcontractors have agreed with the Company and are contractually bound in writing:
• To keep confidentiality, and bind their staff, with the respective obligations
• not to transfer data to third parties without our written permission
• undertake organizational and technical data security measures for the protection of Data
• inform us of any incident relating to the breach of your Data
• delete or/and return your Data to us, upon the termination of our contract
• comply with the legal framework for the protection of Personal Data, in particular with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
9. Do We transfer your Data abroad?
TÜV AUSTRIA Hellas imposes contractual restrictions on its associates, which ensure that they comply with applicable national and European legislation on personal data. In the context of our services, we may need to transfer your information to other countries [basically within and outside the European Economic Area (EEA)], on the basis of EU adequacy decisions, corporate binding rules, standard contracts and approved codes of conduct.
10. For how long do we retain your Data and when do we erasure them?
We keep your Data only for the time required to fulfill the purpose for which we have collected them unless a time extension is required due to our legal claims or legal obligations. In case of termination of the contract, for any reason, TÜV AUSTRIA Hellas will retain the Personal Data based on the company retention policy, according to the nature of the data and the purpose of processing, in conjunction with the current legislation for the Institutions Certification / Education, but also the general tax and other legislation and Regulatory framework, based on the respective purpose of processing.
We erase the Data collected by Cookies, in accordance with the Cookies Policy.
11. Is Your Data Safe and Secure?
Your Data is only allowed to be processed by people authorized by us, employees and associates exclusively for the purposes stated above.
We have taken all the necessary and appropriate organizational and technical measures to secure and protect your Data from any form of accidental or fraudulent processing both physically and at a reasonable security level (for example physical security procedures, classified access to data, software).
The above measures shall be reviewed and amended as necessary.
12. What are your rights?
You have the following rights:
• Access to your Data
• Rectification of inaccurate Data
• Erasure / right to be forgotten
• Data portability
• Restriction of processing
• Object / withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data
13. How can you exercise your rights?
You can exercise your rights by submitting the filled out application templates, that you will find on the corporate website. You can contact the Data Protection Officer of the company by email at email@example.com (addressed to the DPO) or by post at the address of the company: TÜV AUSTRIA Hellas, 429 Mesogeion Avenue, Agia Paraskevi, PC. 153 43, Greece (addressed to the DPO).
14. When do we respond to your requests?
We will reply to your requests for free without delay, and in any case within (1) one month after we receive your request. However, if your request is complex or you submit a large number of requests, we will notify you within one month in case we need to take another two (2) months extension, within which we will respond back to you.
If your requests are obviously unfounded or excessive particularly because of their recurring nature, TÜV AUSTRIA Hellas may impose a reasonable fee, considering the administrative costs for providing information or performing the requested action, or refusing to respond to the Request justifying the answer to you.
In case you do not receive an answer within the above deadline or the answer you receive is not satisfactory or the issue has not been resolved, you can contact the Hellenic Data Protection Authority (https://www.dpa.gr/en).
15. Where do you address your inquiries on the progress of your claims?
For more information you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (addressed to the DPO) and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
16. Links to third party websites
The website of TÜV AUSTRIA Hellas may contain links that lead to other websites of third parties, independent bodies, such as e.g. of Accreditation Bodies, which operate exclusively by them as well as social media websites of the company. Therefore, TÜV AUSTRIA Hellas is not responsible for the content, actions or policies of these websites. We urge you to carefully read the current data protection policies on the websites you visit.
17. Do we make decisions based solely on automated processing, including profiling when processing your Data?
We do not make decisions, nor do we make profiling, based on the automated processing of your Data unless you use “Cookies” on our website www.tuvaustriahellas.gr & https://www.tuvaustria.academy/, always under the condition of your prior information and consent.
18. Which law applies to the processing of your Data?
Applicable law is Greek law, as formulated in accordance with the General Regulation on the Protection of Personal Data 2016/679 / EU, the 4624/2019 Greek Law and in general the current national and European legislative and regulatory framework for the protection of personal data. Competent Courts for any disputes arising in connection with Your Data are the Courts of Athens, Greece.
19. Where can you go to check if your rights have been respected?
You have the right to file a complaint with the Hellenic Data Protection Authority (https://www.dpa.gr/en), if you think that the processing of your Personal Data violates the current national and regulatory legal framework for the protection of personal data.
20. How will you be informed on any changes to this Policy?
Date of last modification